Notice to California Residents
Last updated: May 6, 2022
INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- Categories of Personal Information We Collect, Use, and Disclose
Categories of Personal Information Collected
Categories of Recipients to Whom Information Is Disclosed for A Business Purpose
Categories of Recipients to Whom Information Is Disclosed for a Commercial Purpose
|Identifiers– this may include real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address and account name.
|Additional categories of personal information described in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) – this may include signature, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information.
|Characteristics of protected classifications– this may include age, sex and physical condition (if purchasing medically-tailored meals).
|Commercial information – this may include information about products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|Internet or other electronic network activity information – this may include browsing history, search history, and information regarding an individual’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
|Professional or employment-related information
|Inferences drawn from any of the information listed above
- Privacy Rights
As a California resident, you have certain rights, such as:
- Access to Information. You may request information regarding the categories of personal information we have collected about you; the categories of sources from which the information was collected; the purposes for which we collected, disclosed, or sold personal information; and the categories of third parties to whom we have sold or disclosed personal information for a business purpose and the categories of personal information disclosed or sold. You may also request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected in the 12 months preceding your request, including, where applicable, in an electronic and readily-usable format.
Your access rights under California law are not absolute. Specifically, you have the right to make a request no more than twice in a twelve (12) month period and the information you can request is limited to personal information collected in the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the request.
- Deletion. You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in certain situations, and to the extent permitted by law, we may be required to keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
- Opt-Out of Sales. You have the right to opt-out of any sales of personal information that may be occurring. We share personal information, and over the preceding twelve months may have shared personal information, for other benefits which are a sale of information, as defined by California law. This includes sharing of identifiers, commercial information, and internet or other electronic network activity usage data with advertising partners and networks, and website analytics companies. Additional information is available on our Do Not Sell My Information page, including information about how to manage or block these cookies. We do not knowingly sell personal information about persons under the age of 16. If you wish to exercise this right, you may submit a request by email at [email protected] or by phone at (888) 806-2882.
- Non-discrimination. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under California law. We do not discriminate against California consumers who exercise their rights described in this section. However, we may charge a different price or rate, or offer a different level or quality of good or service, to the extent that doing so is reasonably related to the value of the applicable data. In addition, we may offer you financial incentives for the collection, sale and retention and use of your personal information as permitted by the CCPA that can, without limitation, result in reasonably different prices, rates, or quality levels. The material aspects of any financial incentive will be explained and described in its program terms. We may add or change incentive programs and/or their terms by posting notice on the program descriptions and terms linked to above so check them regularly.
Please note that not all these rights are absolute, and they do not apply in all circumstances. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such requests, if allowed or required by applicable laws. Any request you submit to us is subject to an identification and residency verification process.
- Exercising Your Privacy Rights
For the most part, we enable exercise of the privacy rights described in the paragraphs above directly through our Services when logged in.
If you are a California resident and you would like to make a request for access, portability, or deletion of your information, you may submit a request through the CCPA Request Form by email at [email protected] or by phone at (888) 806-2882.
In order to process your request, we must be able to verify your identity to make sure you are the person about whom we have collected personal information or an authorized representative. Depending on the type of request, we may conduct the verification process by email or phone using information that matches our records. The information you must provide as part of the verification process may include: name, email address, mailing address, phone number, user name, state and/or country of residency, and/or proof of residency. We may also ask for additional information as needed based on your relationship with us.
You may also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf by providing the authorized agent signed permission to submit the request on your behalf. If an authorized agent submits a request on your behalf, we may need to contact you to verify your identity and protect the security of your personal data. Please note, we cannot process your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you.
- California’s “Shine the Light” Law. California's “Shine the Light” law requires us to respond to requests from California customers asking about our practices related to disclosing certain types of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing initiatives. You may make such a request by completing and submitting a STL Request Form.